- What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
- Chunky 100% Wools like Jaeger Natural Fleece or Freedom from Twilleys. I also love the Recycled Sari Silk yarn. Pretty much anything that knits on needles over 6mm really, and I'm happiest when using needles 9mm and over. I'm not really liking Hemp to knit with, it feels so dead. The "Squeeky" Synthetics like Sirdar Dune feel so wrong on my skin, so I don't use them for choice. Silky Eyelash is Ok though, and I just love Elle Sensual. I want to knit the LONG Fur coat from Last year's Simply Knitting when I can get my head around probably a whole year's worth of tedious st st on 5.5mm needles...
How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
- I have a couple of Wooden Wine boxes that my various needles, and accessories that don't travel live in, and a Stripy pencil case for the accessories that do travel with me
Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
- Just over 2 years. I'm an Intermediate I think... I'm happy knitting hats, scarves, bags and anything that doesn't require me to swatch. I'm very happy making it up as I go along, Pattern knitting does my head in, all the abbreviations!
Do you have a sweet tooth? Favourite Sweets?
- Candles should be Beeswax.
Perfume: Calvin Klein "Obsession" and/or "Sheer Obsession"
Toiletries always come from Lush as I have sensitive skin. I love
- Sympathy for the Skin
- Pied de Pepper
- Sweetie Pie
- Coconut and Almond Smoothie
What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you Spin?
- Yes... BUT! I'm a reactive hypoglycemic, and I cannot eat sugar. Buying me sweets is a *very* bad thing. I do eat the occasional bar of 70% and above Cocoa solids Chocolate ie Green and Blacks or Lindt, when I'm feeling weak for the chocolate, but that is it.
What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
- I sew, I finger braid, and I can use a drill! ;-) I also love cooking, but hate washing up! I can spin, I learned ages ago at a re-enactment event, but I don't spin as a hobby or anything...
What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
- I'm a "Rock chick"! I have a lot of Rock compliation albums, as well as quite a few "Chill-out Selection" ones. I listen to Virgin Radio, so pretty much anything that would be on their play list is fine by me!
I hate House/Techno/DnB/NuSkool etc with a passion. I do like "Ambient" and some of the softer "Trance" though.
Yes, my PC can play all sound, video and other media files.
What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
- Red is my Favorite colour. I don't dislike any colour at all, but tend to prefer the "warm" colours for "things", Yellow, Orange and Red. For clothing, work wise, I own more of the "cool" colours, blues, greens and browns, with a lot of white shirts and black trousers! Going out clothes are blacks, reds, blues and purples, and my two favourite dresses are red.
Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
- Single, no kids, sharing a rented house. No pets, none allowed.
What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
- Yes, Yes, No (Gloves only), No (Serapes or Pashminas only)
What are you knitting right now?
- Haven't got a favourite, but I love things that are "big yarn, big needles, fast results!". Therefore, it is logical that I detest Sock knitting, cos 2.5mm needles drive me up the pole!
Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
- Lots of stuff! Look here I must admit to this page being a might out of date though...
Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
- I like both for different reasons. Circs are cool for long/big things and round things, but if the points are not long enough they give me cramp.. which is why I like straights when I do the small stuff. :-) Not plastic! I am loving Bamboo, and Wood needles. Aluminimum is great for teh grippy stuff that needs slip. Each yarn you use requires a suitable needle for it. The Yarn dictates the choice, not the other way around really!
How old is your oldest UFO?
- Yes and Yes. Wouldn't want to live without them!
What is your favorite holiday?
- Over a year!. The Poor Girl "Lauren"
Is there anything that you collect?
- I presume you mean "Religious excuse for a day off work?" here...
I really don't have one. The UK celebrates the Christian Holidays pretty much exclusivly, but they are all far too commercial now. Easter is all about Chocolate, Xmas is all about Excess... Bleugh.
However, as I cynicaly observed above they are really just an excuse for a day off work! :-) So, that is reason enough to like them all really!
Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
- Not anymore. I used to collect Glasses and Bottles then I was young, but now, I just have generally "too much stuff"! LOL I don't have the room to collect anything! Except yarn&needles, books and fet. toys!
Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
- See my Amazon list for books.
Yarn? I'm currently dyeing like mad, so as much Aran and above Undyed 100% Wool, Silk, or other animal fibre as possible! ;-)
Needles? Long Addi Turbos above 6mm are all good. BIG DPNs are cool as well, above 9mm, as they are so difficult to get.
Patterns? I'm not a pattern person really...
No supscriptions at present.
I read "Simply Knitting" and "Knitting" irregularly.
Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements, and what kind of socks do you like?
- Learn how to Crochet properly! I just love Shell and Picot edging...
When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
- Gods NO!!!!! Just because it is tiny needles really. I could be if the yarn was "huge" and I could use 5mm or above! LOL.
I do want to knit a pair of these at some point in my life, but the ittle bitty-ness of them really puts me off. I would have to do them in "Opal Uni" with a resize to a 26" thigh and an 18" calf... but I reckon I would *never* finish them. :-(
I'm a UK 9. Natural Fibre ones. :-)
Questions excised from this round, but probably still relevant, and hey, if I save them, I can just slot them back in as and when! ;-)
- Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
- What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
- To be happy. Everything else follows from that simple premis. Oh, and owning a Yarn shop would be good too...
- What do you think about ponchos?
- Blurgh! I prefer Serapes and BIG scarves. I like my arms! ;-)
- What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
- How did you learn to knit?
- My Nan had taught me as a child, but I wasn't very good and could only plain very badly. I always ended up making lots of stitches, and not knowing how I had done that. I now realise I was spliting the yarn by accident, and then just knitting every loop that was on the needles.
I subscribed to the UKHandKnitters Yahoo! group, to enable me to find better/cheaper supplies of 100% wool, dyed in the right sort of natural-dye shades for making 17thC braids... Instead, I ended up being lured into knitting with needles.
After a week or so of all the UKHK's knitting talk, I wandered down stairs one night, pulled a pair of chopstix out of the drawer, got a ball of wool from my stash and proceeded to see if I could remember how to knit. I did some research on the interweb, found and read some basic knitters intro sheets, and now, I seem to have a Yarn and Needle stash larger than I think I will ever be able to knit in one lifetime! Mind you, my mum's started knitting again as well, and keeps stealing my stash! So, maybe not...
- Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
- Yes, I'm a snob.I much prefer natural fibres, and only have synthetic yarns in things like "funky eyelash"... and I haven't knitted any of it yet! LOL
- What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
- Just the physical act itself. :-) Although, I seem to be on the Bag and shrug trail right now...
- Do you Crochet?
Crochet... I'm playing with it, but is almost a closed book to me right now. I'm having difficulty getting my head around the stitch variations
Go back to the top!