1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
Yes, I’m a snob.I much prefer natural fibres, and only have synthetic yarns in things like “funky eyelash”… and I haven’t knitted any of it yet! LOL
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I can spin, I learned ages ago at a re-enactment event, but I don’t spin as a hobby or anything…Crochet is a closed book to me right now. Never say never, but it sure isn’t a priority!
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
4. How long have you been knitting?
About a year
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
6. What’s your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Candles is Vanilla, Bath stuff (although, I have a shower and no bath!) is always from Lush (http://www.lush.co.uk) Calvin Klein “Obsession” and “Sheer Obsession” for Perfume.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Yes… BUT! I’m a reactive hypoglycemic, and I cannot eat sugar. Buying me sweets is a *very* bad thing. I do eat the occasional bar of 70% and above Cocoa solids Chocolate, when I’m feeling weak fo the chocolate, but that is it.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I sew, I finger braid, and I can use a drill! 😉 I also love cooking, but hate washing up!
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I’m a “Rock chick”! I have a lot of Rock compliation albums, as well as quite a few “Chill-out Selection” ones. I listen to Virgin Radio, so pretty much anything that would be on their play list is fine by me!
I hate House/Techno/DnB/NuSkool etc with a passion. I do like “Ambient” and some of the softer “Trance” though.
Yes, my PC can play all sound, video and other media files.
10. What’s your favorite color? Or–do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can’t stand?
Red is my Favorite colour. I don’t dislike any colour at all, but tend to prefer the “warm” colours for “things”, Yellow, Orange and Red. For clothing, work wise, I own more of the “cool” colours, blues, greens and browns, with a lot of white shirts and black trousers! Going out clothes are blacks, reds, blues and purples, and my two favourite dresses are red.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Single, no kids, sharing a rented house. No pets, none allowed.
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
To be happy. Everything else follows from that simple premis.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Chunky 100% Wools like Jaeger Natural Fleece. Or anything that knits on needles over 6mm really. I also love the Recycled Sari Silk yarn.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Haven’t found one yet.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Just the physical act itself. 🙂
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Haven’t got a favourite. I do detest Socks though, cos 2.5mm needles drive me up the pole!
17. What are you knitting right now?
18. What do you think about ponchos?
Blurgh! I prefer Serapes and BIG scarves. I like my arms! 😉
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
I like both for different reasons. Circs are cool for big things, but if the points are not long enough they give me cramp.. which is why I like straights when I do the small stuff. 🙂
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Not plastic! I am loving Bamboo, and Wood needles. Aluminimum is great for teh grippy stuff that needs slip. Each yarn you use requires a suitable needle for it. The Yarn dictates the choice, not the other way around really!
21. Are you a sock knitter?
Gods NO!!!!! Or at least, I could be if the yarn was “huge” and I could use 4mm or above needles! LOL.
I want to knit these
at some point, but the ittle bitty-ness of the thing puts me off. I would have to do them in “Opal Uni” with a resize to a 26″ thigh… but I reckon I would *never* finish them. 🙁
22. How did you learn to knit?
initially, my Nanny taught me when I as little, but I re-learned last year. See under Finger braids:
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
Currently about 3 months.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Tom and Jerry.
25. What is your favorite holiday?
I presume you mean “Religious excuse for a day off work?” here… I don’t have one. The UK celebrates the Christian Holidays pretty much exclusivly, but they are all far too commercial now. As I cynicaly said above they are really now just an excuse for a day off work! 🙂 Reason to like them all realy!
26. Is there anything that you collect?
Not anymore. I used to collect Glasses and Bottles then I was young, but now, I just have generally “too much stuff”! LOL I don’t have the room to collect anything! Except yarn&needles, books and BDSM toys!
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I buy Simply Knitting irregularly.
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
See Amazon list.
29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven’t bought for one reason or another??
Nope. Not a pattern person really…
30. What are your foot measurements, and what kind of socks do you like?
I’m a UK 9. Natural Fibre ones. 🙂